Eating a balanced diet doesn't have to be complicated or time-consuming. This Five-a-day Stir Fry recipe is not only quick and easy to make but also packs a punch of essential nutrients. Loaded with vibrant vegetables, protein-packed noodles, and a flavorful CHIKA’S cashew crunch, this stir fry is as delicious as it is nutritious.
Join: Heather (ig: smileandstyleitout) as she guides us through this delightful culinary journey!!
- Handful of tender stem broccoli
- Mange tout
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of baby corn, halved
- CHIKA’S Black Pepper Cashews (crushed), reserving some for garnish
- Protein noodles (made from lentils)
- Sesame oil
- Tamari sauce
- Salt and Pepper (or any preferred flavoring)
- Heat a dash of sesame oil in a wok over high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add in the tender stem broccoli, mange tout, carrot, sliced red onion, and baby corn.
- Stir-fry the vegetables until they begin to soften, ensuring they maintain a vibrant color and a slight crunch. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the crushed Chika’s Cashews to the wok, reserving some for later as garnish. Continue to fry for an additional minute. The cashews will infuse the dish with a delightful nutty flavor and a satisfying crunch.
- Incorporate the protein noodles into the stir fry. These lentil-based noodles not only provide an extra boost of plant-based protein but also absorb the rich flavors of the dish. Pour in a generous glug of tamari sauce, adjusting to taste preference. Continue to fry for about 3 more minutes.
- Plate the stir fry. Sprinkle the reserved whole cashews on top for an added layer of crunch and flavor.
- Enjoy your Five-a-day Stir Fry while it's hot and bursting with nutritional goodness. Whether you choose Salt and Pepper flavoring or your preferred alternative, this dish is bound to satisfy your taste buds and nourish your body.