200 g (2 packs) your favourite Chika’s Almond (we used Chika’s Irish Cream Almonds)
140 ml double cream
300 g dark chocolate (we used 70%) chopped
150 g icing sugar
60 g butter, cut into small cubes
1. Place Chika’s Irish Cream Almonds into the mortar and grind until very fine, but still with a little bit of texture. Transfer to a bowl and leave on the side for now. You can also blend the almonds in a food processor if it is easier.
2. Place the double cream, dark chocolate, icing sugar and butter into a medium size saucepan and place over the smallest heat. Heat for around 5 minutes, stir constantly, until all the ingredients are fully mixed.
3. Remove from the heat and add the half of the crushed almonds.
4. Transfer to the fridge for around 2 hours to set.
5. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
6. Remove the chocolate from the fridge and scoop tablespoon of the chocolate mixture per truffle, and roll between your hands into a round shape. Place on a baking paper.
7. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
8. Roll each truffle in the remaining crushed almonds, until completely covered and transfer back to the baking tray.
9. Put it back in the fridge for 20 minutes and enjoy