Cinnamon Almonds Red Berries Yoghurt Cake (serves 8)
For the crumble:
100 g plain flour
70 g butter
4 tbsp sugar
For the Cake:
240 g sugar
320 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 g butter melted
280 g natural yoghurt
200 g frozen mixed berries
300 ml double cream
1 tbsp sugar
100 g (1 pack) Chika’s Sweet Cinnamon Almonds, chopped
100 g frozen mixed berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a round baking tin with melted butter and line with baking parchment. We used a 24 cm cake tin.
2. Remove frozen fruits from the freezer and leave them on the side.
3. Place all the crumble ingredients in a medium size bowl and rub the butter into flour to make a light breadcrumb texture. Place the bowl in the freezer.
4. Place the eggs and sugar in a stand mixer bowl, whisk for around 10 minutes, until thick, pale and fluffy.
5. In a medium size bowl, mix the flour together with baking powder.
6. Add the flour mixture together with yoghurt and melted butter to the eggs and whisk until all the ingredients are well combined.
7. Remove crumble from the freezer.
8. Pour the batter into the baking tin and top with 200 g frozen fruits and crumble. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until set- a knife should come out clean when inserted into the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely.
9. To prepare the whipped cream, pour the double cream, together with 1 tbsp of sugar into a bowl and whisk for around 5 minutes until the cream forms soft peaks.
10. Top the cake with the whipped cream, Chika’s Sweet Cinnamon Almonds and remaining frozen fruits and serve