No products in the cart.
- Where does the name “Chika’s” come from?
Chika is the name of the founder of the company. It is a Nigerian name, originating from the Igbo tribe. Chi means God and ‘ka’ means capable of anything. So Chika means God is capable of anything.
- What is your story?
Although my aspiration was to share some of the delicious foods West Africa, my motivation behind it was to promote the culture and food of this part of the world, as well as supporting the communities from where the inspiration for these products began.
Chika’s Change x is built on this principle and the movement launches spring 2016, we are super excited about it!!
- What are your values?
Our logo embodies the duality of the African woman. Traditional yet modern, feminine and hard working. We believe it is the perfect representation for our snacks, which were inspired by such women. Our snacks are caringly prepared so that they are always bursting with flavours.
- Why would I choose Chika’s rather than a traditional snacks brand?
We try to do things differently to other companies and hopefully this comes across in the stylish packaging, our strong, chic female logo and products that are exciting to eat. We put flavour at the fore front of everything we do. Chika’s sets out to inspire our friends and partners, support producers and give our customers beautiful foods to share and to indulge.
Our snacks are unique, delicious and highly nutritious. We painstakingly continue to refine and improve on our processes, with no artificial additives, preservatives or colourings. All our products are natural and suitable for Vegans and Vegetarians. They are seasoned with authentic spices and prepared using traditional techniques.
This includes picking perfectly ripened plantains that are sliced so thinly achieved the ideal balance of sweetness and crispness. Constantly sampling these snacks is hard job but someone has to do it. 🙂
- What are your opening hours?
Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 17:30pm.
- Who owns Chika’s?
The entire team, we all own and take responsibility to deliver the best possible product to our customers.
- Are you planning to franchise? Open your own shops?
No, we don’t. We do not feel that anyone can create our flavours how we do.
- Where is your office?
Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Rd, London W10 5JJ, UK
- What ingredients do you use for your snacks?
- Peanuts skin on and no skin: just peanuts and salt
- Plantain crisps salted : Plantain, sunflower oil, salt,
- Plantain crisps chilli: sunflower oil, salt, chilli.
- Chickpea crisps smocked chilli : Chickpea flour, maize flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, cumin seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, dried coriander, black pepper, xantham gum,
- Chickpea crisps lightly spiced: Chickpea flour, maize flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, cumin seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, dried coriander, black pepper, xantham gum, sunflower oil
- Black pepper cashews: Cashews, sea salt, black pepper, rice flour, maltodextrin, tapioca and/or maize starch, sugar, lemon powder, natural flavourings
- Smoked almonds : Almonds, rapeseed oil, salt, dextrose, rice flour, sugar, yeast powder, yeast extract powder, smoked paprika, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoke flavouring, paprika, citric acid.
- Where your ingredients come from?
- Peanuts: Nigeria, Anambra state
- Plantains : West Africa
- Almonds: North Africa, and occasionally America
- Chickpeas: North America
- Cashews: Asia or Africa
- Who did the recipes of your snacks?
Chika, Chika’s mother and her Mama that is Chika’s grandmother
- What is gluten? Are they gluten free?
All our snacks are gluten free.
Gluten is a mixture of proteins found in wheat and related grains, including barley and rye. Gluten gives elasticity to dough, helping it rise and keeps its shape and often gives the final product a chewy texture.
- What is the best temperature for product storage?
Cool dry place.
- Can I use your snacks in some of my recipes?
Of course. For some ideas, go to http://chikas.co.uk/recipes/
- How often will I receive my box?
We can deliver weekly, fortnightly or monthly. You tell us what you prefer.
- Can I change my box selection?
Yes at any time in your account settings.
- Can I cancel my subscription?
Yes, at anytime, you can either drop us an email or cancel in your account stings.
- Which snacks are inside the mix box?
A mix of our heroes products and most popular products.
- Are your products suitable for pregnant woman?
Yes, but always consult your Doctor.
- Are your products suitable for diabetics’ people?
Yes, but always consult your Doctor.
- Can children eat your products?
Yes, but peanuts, almonds and cashews are small which can cause harm to small children, so we always advise that children should be supervised.
- How long can I keep a snacks pocket open?
Consume within 3 days.
- What is the delivery time?
3-5 working days in UK.
- Which country are you able to deliver?
For now, shipping is in UK. I t can be in the world. It just will be more expensive.
- What is the delivery cost for my order?
Delivery is free on all orders above £15, and it is £5,95 for all UK orders below.
- How do I track my order?
Please call us for information regarding you particular order.
- What should I do if there is a problem with the quality of my purchase?
We’d love to hear from you, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you do loyalty card?
No, but we often have discount code, sign up to our newsletter.
- I’d love to work for Chika’s, do you have any vacancies?
We are always on the lookout for engaging, fresh-minded and creative individuals, please visit our jobs page, within site map.
- I am a student, do you have work placement available?
Yes, we love energetic students. Please visit our jobs page for updates.
- What shall I do if I want to sell or stock your products?
Go here: http://chikas.co.uk/retail/
- What is Chika’s change?
Chika’s change is an initiate aimed at changing the lives of children around the world. For every subscriber to Chika’s snack box the subscriber will directly sponsor a child enabling them get an education and better their lives and enrich their community.
- How can I get in touch with Chika’s?
- Go here: http://chikas.co.uk/talk-to-us/ and give us your email address.
- Our facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chikasfoods
- Our twitter: https://twitter.com/ChikasFoods
- Our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chikasfoods/
- Our piterestet : https://uk.pinterest.com/chikasfoods/
- Do you have a Chika’s app?
Not yet, but it will arrive soon. Watch this space.
- Which retailers stock Chika’s?
- Retailers: Waitrose, Whole Foods, Selfridges & Co
- Wholesalers: Marigold, Cotswold-Fayre, Suma, Three of Life, Simply Heavenly, Artisan Food Club
- Online Marketplace: Ocado, Real Foods, Super Market, Amazon.com, Wickers
- Lifestyle: Sourced, Recipease, Revital health stores
- Health boxes: Flavourly, the Nutribox, Vegan tuck Box, the Vegan Kind, Snackly, Foodist
- Hotels partners: The Westbury hotel, The Ritz Carlton, Dorchester Collection, Marriott, etc
- How can I find Chika’s distributor near me?
You can go here: http://chikas.co.uk/find-us/. Then, enter your town name or post code.
- Where can I leave my feedback? Or I would like to suggest something: store location, recipes... Where can I write it?
We want to know what you think:
- Email us at email@example.com
- Write to us at Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London, W10 5JJ
- Phone us at 0203 1766 716 / 0203 735 8893 (Office opening hours: 8:30am – 5:30pm)