- 500ml chicken stock, heated
- 340g smooth peanut butter
- 2 onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 135g Chika’s hand toasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 ½ tsp ground coriander
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 scotch bonnet chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 x 800g pack chicken thighs and drumsticks, skinned
- 3 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- good handful coriander, chopped, a little reserved for sprinkling
- Heat up stock and pour over the peanut butter and stir until dissolved.
- Separately fry the onions in the oil until softened. Add the ginger, coriander, cumin, chillies and stir continuously whilst cooking for 2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and peanut mixture, and then stir in the chicken pieces. Leave to simmer for 30 mins with a lid on, stirring often to avoid the peanut butter from sticking to the base of the pan.
- Stir in the sweet potatoes, peppers and chopped coriander, then cook for 30 mins more. Sprinkle Hand Toasted peanuts and serve with rice.